We have booked our tickets to Cape Town!
No, we are not yet fully funded, but we made the decision to move forward anyway for several reasons.
· We believe the Lord has challenged us to do this trusting Him as the one who has called us to this work. It was as if the Lord was saying, “Stop praying about it and just do it.” So we did…
· Many folks have told us they would sign up and we trust that they will…they just have not yet. Others have promise to increase their current support as well.
· The country of South Africa is becoming increasingly unstable and we feel we need to be there and do what the Lord has called us to do…to teach teachers the reconciling message of the Gospel.
· Louise’s mum is becoming increasingly frail and we believe now is the time for Louise to spend as much quality time with the Queen as possible.
· SAMS-USA has considered our request and given us their blessing even though they will certify us for a shorter period until our full support comes in.
We still have quite a few stops to make before we leave the US on April 10 and believe that we are yet to make many new friends along the way. Our children and grandchildren will also need to see us before we leave…it will be tough saying goodbye, but we know that there will be many more opportunities to visit in the future.
If you have not yet signed up to support us, may we ask you all to prayerfully consider doing so as soon as possible, please?
Just click this link and complete the form:
We trust that you will all continue to pray with and for us as we enter into this new phase of our lives. Please do let us know how we can pray for y’all as well. Keep sending those newsy emails…they are a source of great encouragement as they serve to remind us of our worldwide connections!
Thank you all for your love.
Johann and Louise
OR…make checks out and send them to:
P. O. Box 399
Ambridge, PA 15003
Please be sure toclearly state that the check is intended for Johann and Louise van der Bijl.
If you wish to support our vehicle/travel fund, do so via check only and write in the memo line: van der Bijl vehicle fund