Anglican Missionaries in South America
The continent of South America is home to vastly diverse regions, ranging from small villages to cosmopolitan cities. Within these regions, opportunities abound for making a difference in the Kingdom of Christ.
While many churches throughout South America have been impacted by Christian tradition, much of the continent hasn’t received the heart of the gospel. In other words, there are still several million individuals throughout the region who don’t have a relationship with Christ yet.
Here at the Society of Anglican Missionaries and Senders (SAMS), we want to take advantage of ministry opportunities throughout South America and send our missionaries there to reach these groups. Because of how receptive many of these groups are, we’ve found that the region is rich with the potential for growing the Kingdom for Christ.
South America is a place close to our heart. Our name used to be the South American Missionary Society, which was originally started by Allen Gardiner in 1844.
What It’s Like to Be a Missionary in South America
SAMS missionaries partner with Anglican and Episcopal churches in South America to provide the whole gospel and carry out the calling of the Great Commission. While they’re abroad, our missionaries serve in several different ways.
Some of our past ministry opportunities in South America have involved:
- Investing in the lives of others by taking the time to pour into and minister to each individual.
- Performing community outreach services by creating and distributing necessities like colorful rugs, which locals can use for floor coverings and sleeping.
- Delivering Christian education to children by incorporating informative and engaging techniques, like the storytelling method, to deliver the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Assisting with translation and editing to create a wide range of media documents.
- Hosting missionary meetings which are designed to teach, baptize and encourage new believers in their walk with Christ.
- Equipping Latin Americans to be Christian leaders and clergy, obeying Jesus’ Great Commission in their own communities and around the world.
With short-term and long-term missionary positions available, we make it easy for you to follow the Lord’s calling and serve however long or in whatever capacity you feel He is leading you. When you decide to serve in South America, SAMS is committed to helping you every step of the way — from praying for you to helping you raise support.
Be a Part of Our Missionary Work in Latin America
At SAMS, we are dedicated to recruiting, sending and supporting missionary work in Latin America. Our disciples are in fellowship with the Anglican Church, and we rely on donations to cover our short-term and long-term missionaries’ expenses. By taking care of costs ranging from housing to health care needs, we empower our missionaries to fully focus on sharing and spreading the gospel, training church leaders and establishing churches in areas where they’re needed most.
Along with evangelizing and church planting, SAMS missionaries also focus on relief and development in South America. From delivering educational supplies to setting up medical clinics, our team seeks to serve in whatever way and capacity the Lord leads them to further the Kingdom of Christ.