Our Strategic Principles
The following principles guide SAMS’ discernment process and direction as we seek to be faithful to our God-given mission and vision:
Strategic Mode: Relationships
- People are the primary strategy in our mission of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed across the world.
- This mode implies that SAMS’ ministry will flow out of our relationships, that we cultivate with God’s grace and mercy.
- Through our love for one another, we seek to be a testimony of God’s transforming power.
Strategic Focus: Anglican
- In accordance with SAMS’ values and Statement of Faith, we focus on ministering within the context of Anglicanism. We seek to partner with the global Anglican Church to develop leaders, plant Great Commission churches, and minister in the love of Jesus to be God’s vessels for meeting physical, emotional, vocational, and spiritual needs.
- Our defined ministry focus does not limit us from actively encouraging churches, whom we partner to work with across denominational boundaries, to grow the Kingdom of God.
- Our missionaries serve under the authority of their local Episcopal/Anglican diocesan leadership towards a mutual vision of leading people to Christ.
Strategic Scope: Global
- Remaining rooted in our history and an ongoing commitment to churches nationwide, we will seek to partner and build relationships with inviting Anglican churches, both nationally and internationally.
- We acknowledge that a wide variety of “sowers and waterers” co-labor with the Lord in the growth process, but only God brings growth. We seek to cooperate with others in the discernment of partnership’s alignment with our foundational statements and offers potential of producing more Kingdom fruit.
- We pursue natural growth in order to give God all the glory for the accompanying Kingdom building harvest.