Discerning a Call
You are invited to join SAMS in an extraordinary Pre-Conference!
Who: Anyone who has interest in checking out the possibilities of serving God across cultures in another country or anyone who wants to encourage others in serving. Singles, couples, and families are all encouraged to participate.
When: Thursday, Sept. 26: 7:45am – 6:30pm (The New Wineskins Global Missions Conference will be held immediately afterwards Sept. 26, 7pm – Sept. 29, 12pm)
Where: Mountain Laurel Lower Lobby for Pre-Conference Registration (Thursday at 7:45 am), Ridgecrest Conference Center, Ridgecrest, NC 28770
How much? Free. A complimentary children’s program will also be provided.
Description: “Discerning a Long-term Missionary Call: Getting There from Here” Pre-Conference will be led by a team of staff and missionaries from the Society of Anglican Missionaries and Senders as well as global Anglican leaders. Guests will be paired at meals with a Missionary Mentor-for-the-Day who will help address your questions and concerns.
Throughout the day you will explore:
- Discovering Possibilities of Serving Christ Around the World
- Considering the Costs and the Joys of a Missionary Call
- Discerning the Missionary Call: What are the Steps? What is my Next Step?
- Experiencing a Missionary Sending Community
You may expect to walk away with:
- A vision for being part of God’s plan to share the love of Jesus globally
- A deeper understanding of the missionary call
- Potential ministry opportunities that fit your gifts, experiences, and passions
- Practical actions that you and your church may take to get there from here
Special Event Included in Day: Guests will join in the SAMS Reception in the Azalea Room (Johnson Spring Building) to converse with global church leaders and missionaries followed by the SAMS Dinner. (All SAMS events will conclude at 6:30pm. The New Wineskins Conference kicks off at 7pm.)
Ask questions by: Contacting Nita Dempsey by email
Note: Since this pre-conference starts Thursday morning, it may be necessary to add an extra night’s housing and additional meals to your Ridgecrest reservation. At the least, you will want to plan on adding Thursday Breakfast and Lunch.
Three Easy Steps to Register:
- Register for the free Pre-Conference: Discerning a Long-term Missionary Call
- Register for New Wineskins Global Mission Conference
- Book your Lodging & Food with Ridgecrest Conference Center
- You may choose to come in the evening before (9/25) and a night and three meals to your New Wineskins Lodging & Food package
- At the least add Thursday (9/26) Breakfast and Lunch to your New Wineskins package
- If you would like to be close to this pre-conference gathering, you may choose to book your housing in “Mountain Laurel.”
- Email Nita Dempsey or call her at 724-266-0669 if you have any questions or difficulties with the above.
Ridgecrest Conference Center
1 Ridgecrest Drive
Ridgecrest, NC 28770