Send missionaries by providing helpful and encouraging words. Here are six ways to support your missionary through sending:
- Logistical and Financial: Manage their budget, personal affairs, and material goods. Give a one time or recurring financial gift. Share your missionaries’ ministry stories with others who can help support.
- Encouragement and Prayer: Be there for your missionaries. Be an active listener. Commission them publicly. Pray for your missionaries, including praying as an individual, as a group, and as a whole congregation during services.
- Communication: Keep in touch with your missionaries. Write letters, emails, make videos as a church, and put together care packages to encourage them.
- Re-Entry: Help them find work when they return, assist them with their children who will be attending a new school, and most of all, lift them up spiritually.
SAMS believes in the power of prayer. It is by God’s grace that fruit is being produced through the ministry of SAMS. Our mission workers, both here and abroad, depend upon the prayers of SAMS’ senders. As a sender,you support your missionary by praying, on a regular basis, for them and the community they serve in . Not sure where to start? Visit their page to see if they have updated prayer requests, or use some of the resources provided below.
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.” Matthew 9:37b-38 ESV
SAMS encourages our Society to pray every day at 9:37 a.m. and p.m. for the Lord to send laborers into the harvest. Join us in this pray movement! The SAMS staff also prays every day for our supporters. Please let us know how we can pray for you!
SAMS’ missionaries and their ministries are solely funded by the generosity of individuals, churches, and organizations, who have a heart to share the good news of Jesus Christ in word and deed across the world.
Not only can you give to missionaries, but you can also support the Great Commission Fund. The GCF helps multiply SAMS’ ministry through:
- Encouraging and equipping individuals sent as missionaries for service,
- Providing pastoral support to those sent to serve,
- Relating with the global Anglican church to develop new partnerships,
- Researching and implementing new initiatives to grow churches and reach out with ministries of compassion, and
- Communicating opportunities to share the Gospel across cultures.