The following principles guide the discernment process and direction of the Society as we seek to be faithful to our God-given mission and vision:
Strategic Mode: Relationships
- People are our primary strategy in our mission of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed across cultures.
- Our mode implies that SAMS' ministry will flow out of our relationships that we cultivate by God’s grace and mercy.
- Through our love for one another we seek to be a testimony to God’s transforming power.
Strategic Focus: Anglican
- In alignment with our values and Statement of Faith we focus on ministry within the context of Anglicanism, seeking to partner with the church to develop leaders that replicate themselves, plant Great Commission churches with a heart for the unreached, and minister in the love of Jesus to be God’s vessels for meeting physical, emotional, vocational, and spiritual needs.
- Our defined ministry focus does not preclude us from actively and enthusiastically encouraging the churches with whom we partner to work with our brothers and sisters in Christ across denominational boundaries to grow the Kingdom of God.
- Our missionaries work solely under the authority of the local Episcopal/Anglican diocesan leadership towards a mutual vision.
Strategic Scope: Global
- Remaining rooted in our history and ongoing strong commitment to the church in the Americas, we will seek to send wherever our Kingdom relationships (in the USA and globally) lead to partnering with Anglican churches who invite us.
- We acknowledge that a wide variety of “sowers and waterers” co-labor with the Lord in the growth process, but only God brings growth. Consequently, we seek to cooperate with others wherever we discern that partnership aligns with our foundational statements and reveals promise of producing more Kingdom fruit.
- We pursue natural growth, giving God all the glory for the accompanying harvest.